Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Finally!!!!!!!!

In August I applied for my Citizenship. This is something I've wanted to do forever! Being briefly detained at the Canadian border twice motivated me more. What's kept me from doing it has always been about finances. I had started the process before Samuel was born In 1995. It cost about $95.00. I thought about it again four years later but the cost had gone up to over $200.00. Over the years the cost kept climbing. Today the cost is over $600.00. I decided I better do it before it cost me an arm and a leg! I just couldn't delay it any longer.

In September I received notice I needed to get digital finger prints done in Fargo. I got that done in October.
Since then I've just been waiting to hear about my status. I thought I was in for a lonnng wait! We were told it could take up to a year. In the meantime the best I could do is be patient and study for my civic's test.
Today I received a letter from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. It was my official notice for my my citizenship test.

I'm so surprised it happen this quickly but grateful and excited! Yes, I shed some tears of Joy! I have always been grateful to live in this beautiful land. Grateful for the sacrifices of my parents. Now, I don't have to be a silent voice. I look forward to the next election when I will feel like an official citizen of this great land we call America. God Bless America!! Yahoooooo!!!

10 comments:

Monica Kay said...

YAY momma!

LeeAnn said...

Congrats!!! America needs wonderful wise voices like yours who can and will vote!!!! YEAH for you!!!

Leah said...

Woohoo! I'm so proud! Wow, I didn't know you had finally applied!

The Hiller Family said...

Congratulations! That is awesome... I am so proud of you... always ETTE!!! he he he

Elena said...

Way to go baby sis. I'm glad you did it. Now I have no excuse. Let me know how hard the test is. That's one of the things that has me back. I'm not good at taking tests. Especially now that I forget everything. As a US citizen though, you wont get the native discount anymore when you go to Honduras. You'll have to pay the more expensive gringo prices when you go on tours.:) Small price to pay.

jessica said...

Way to go tia! I am so proud of you! I know you will rock that test...

Heidi and Matt said...

congrats, that is great! I have always wondered what that test is like....

Kathleen said...

Congrats!!! That's so exciting!

The Terrell Family said...

Congratulations! Good luck on your test!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ana!! I'm so happy for you!