Tuesday, November 11, 2008
The Train Ride
The train ride was not at all what we expected. The cabins were very small. The only reason I was able to sleep was because I had been up all night and I was exhausted! Alan will tell a different story. He was completely uncomfortable all night. Once the beds were set up there was very little room to move all around.
We did enjoy the wine and cheese reception in the dining car. The company was a lot of fun. We rode the train to Albany, New York. We made a few short stops along the way which was a good thing because we did get tired of sitting too long. Next time we go on the train we'll get bigger cabins. It was a fun adventure nonetheless!!
P.S. Put cursor over picture to read caption!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Sleeping in a train sounds like so much fun...seriously it does!
It's like the train in A Hard Day's Night! I'm so jealous! And you can tell Dad that!
Yes, Leah, it was like A Hard Day's Night. In fact, at one point, I believe we did say, "Hey mister, can we have our ball back?" Dad
How fun! When I rode the train home once it was crouded, and it was just me and the kids, but really fun and memorable too. Jaden just kept looking out the windows and in aww that we could actually sleep on a train!
Oh, and I see the zimmerman from the furniture commercials, COOL!
Well I was a little concerned at the mention of wine and cheese... good thing you posted a nice picture of the sparkling cider! Then again maybe there was a little mix up and THAT'S why Tia Ana slept so well...Uncle Al you'd better keep a closer eye on her ;)
Post a Comment