Since so many graduated last year they have quite a few new members. I don't know all their names yet it will take me a while but I'm sure eventually I'll get the names down.They sounded wonderful and they picked some great songs to sing. They sang Thriller, Play That Funky Music, Sir Duke and Some boring song I've heard before but I can't remember the name. It's one of those that will for sure put me to sleep. Anyway, they also sang Back in The USSR. I liked all of them except the boring one. Although, the girl that sang the solo was fantastic!! Last year they had two boring songs I didn't like and of course, Ammon had to tell the director what I said. They had quite a few conversations about it in class. 
They seem to sound better this year than last year at this time. I look forward to some the concerts this year. Although, I did tell Ammon I wasn't going to the all the concerts because I don't like how all the same people get all the solos. It's my way of protesting. I guess I'm not at all in agreement how the director picks the solo parts. I felt the same way when Leah was in elementary school and she got all the solos. It became the "Leah Miller Show". I think they need to spread the Love! You see I'm pretty sure that all these kids are capable of solos, otherwise they wouldn't be in New Gen. I could go on and on but what's the point. I'm the only one that gets what I'm trying to say. I'm coming from the audience's point of view and I would like to hear my son sing at least one.
I'm really posting these pictures in honor of Leah because I figured she might be interested to see the new kids. I did have to vent at least a little. It fun to see the new faces and to hear the new blend of voices. I'm sorry Leah, I can't give more information but you probably know these faces more than I do. I did try to post them on Facebook but couldn't get it done. It's our computer screen and a long boring story I'm sure no one will care to hear!
The best part of New Gen is meeting all the parents. I have some very good friends we have such a wonderful time when we get together. We are looking forward to many get togethers this school year. I'll miss my good friend Betsy who moved to Fargo. She was the party!!




They seem to sound better this year than last year at this time. I look forward to some the concerts this year. Although, I did tell Ammon I wasn't going to the all the concerts because I don't like how all the same people get all the solos. It's my way of protesting. I guess I'm not at all in agreement how the director picks the solo parts. I felt the same way when Leah was in elementary school and she got all the solos. It became the "Leah Miller Show". I think they need to spread the Love! You see I'm pretty sure that all these kids are capable of solos, otherwise they wouldn't be in New Gen. I could go on and on but what's the point. I'm the only one that gets what I'm trying to say. I'm coming from the audience's point of view and I would like to hear my son sing at least one.
I'm really posting these pictures in honor of Leah because I figured she might be interested to see the new kids. I did have to vent at least a little. It fun to see the new faces and to hear the new blend of voices. I'm sorry Leah, I can't give more information but you probably know these faces more than I do. I did try to post them on Facebook but couldn't get it done. It's our computer screen and a long boring story I'm sure no one will care to hear!
The best part of New Gen is meeting all the parents. I have some very good friends we have such a wonderful time when we get together. We are looking forward to many get togethers this school year. I'll miss my good friend Betsy who moved to Fargo. She was the party!!


LeeLee enjoy the pictures. Try not to miss high school and New Gen too much!
2 comments:
Why in the world is Ammon standing next to that Amazon girl. He looks like a "little person" (that's me trying to be pc)
And Leah Miller if these pictures make you miss High School I am going to have to knock some sense into you on Thursday.
I hope Ammon gets a solo for that directors sake. The wrath of Tia Ana is not something you mess with.
Mom, thanks for posting those!
Jess, I guess you wouldn't understand, but you have absolutely no idea how much I miss singing in New Gen. It was the best thing in the world for me, and I miss being able to sing in that setting. There's nothing like that out here. When it comes to music, my high school is the best in the nation (I got an award to prove it!) and is better than half the colleges in the country. So it's not that I miss high school exactly, but yes, those pictures make me miss New Gen with all my heart.
But anyway, when it comes to solos mom, Mr. Seil is all about who is absolutely perfect for the part. Yes, you're right, everyone has the ability because they're in NG in the first place. But even though he has his way of choosing, they wouldn't sound better any other way. I used to get upset about it, but then after you think about it, all the solos he picked for Mary sounded like they were meant for Mary. All the ones picked for Tori would not sound as great if someone else were singing it. And if I may say so, mine wouldn't sound right if it were anyone else. So Ammon WILL get a chance. When he does get one, it's going to be perfect for his voice. I only got 2 solos that year, but don't you think that both were amazing? That's how it's gonna be for Ammon.
Wow, I just wrote you a novel. But I've finally updated my blog, so check it out!
Post a Comment