This is the best part of summer. Watching Sam play baseball. This is what I wait for all winter long . Sam has been in Little League since he was ten years old. He's been on the Mets team, the the Reds and the Cardinals.This year he is on the Cardinals again with the same coach from last year. I thought I should document this occasion because this is his last year in Little League. I've love going to all his games and being the loudest Mom in little league. At times I've embarrassed him with my cheering, but now he really appreciates it because a lot of times I'm the only one that cheers. I make it a point of learning all the boys names right away and I cheer them all on. I usually get to the games early and find the spot with the best view and set up my pretty pink chair. Of course baseball wouldn't be baseball without sunflower seeds, so I always have my "seeds"! I always come prepare for bad weather too. In my car I have blankets, a jacket and an umbrella. I've been caught unprepared before so now I'm ready for anything. Next year Sam will play Babe Ruth. I'm hoping it will be as fun as little league.


Here Sam got a single and made it all the way home. He actually said to his dad "this hit is for you Dad"! and with that he got a great hit!


Here Sam got a single and made it all the way home. He actually said to his dad "this hit is for you Dad"! and with that he got a great hit!


On this night the coach even let him pitch. Even though he had not practiced he pitched pretty well. He didn't let too many players get past him and got the last three strikes of the game. Thanks Sam for all the good times it's kind of sad to see my baby grow up.


The Cardinals won the game 11-5 Go Sam!!
Lately Sam's got me playing Mario Kart. We play everyday when the daycare kids are napping. In the beginning I took quite the beating. Sam is vicious and has no mercy. Eventually I got better and was coming pretty close to beating him, but he would always have some trick up his sleeve and knock me off track every time. I got so frustrated!! I was a horrible driver too. I'm always Mario and he's always Yoshi. Mario always drives like a drunk and can't stay on the road and Yoshi is a speed demon. Sam has taught me a lot and that's why I started to improve my skills. All I wanted was to beat him once.


This is our favorite track rainbow road. It took me a while to get use to all the unexpected things on the road. Like bombs, and others things that make you blow up like weapons from Sam. I got the hang of it now and I'm not so intimidated anymore. I've also learn how to use my own weapons. You can say Ican play with more confidence now.

Oh happy day! It finally happened I beat him at Mario Kart. I think he thought it would never happen, but I proved him wrong. Ha, Ha, Hah!!!!! Now I beat him at least once a day, but my goal is to beat him at least twice a day. To date we have played about 70 times and he's won about 62 times and I'm pleased with my 8 wins.


I'm looking happy and Sam pretty humbled. Victory is SWEET!!!!


I like this picture of Sam trying to beat the canary in Benjo Kazooie.The Canary is unbeatable!!!
1 comment:
I am so glad you figured out how to get the pictures to work. I know how frustrating that can be.
I can't believe it's been a year since we were there cheering on Sam. I believe he got a hit for Maya and Eden...
Way to go on beating Sam at Mario cart...I hope he was a good loser.
Miss you!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment