Friday, April 11, 2008

Scoot To The Left!!

I have been driving for about 31 years and I definitely like being in the drivers seat. I'm not a very good passenger and I'm a horrible backseat driver. Yet, I decided my children needed to learn to drive and I was going to teach them. I must of been out of my mind!! You would think it would get easier with the third child but it doesn't. I think I'd rather ride a roller coaster and I hate roller coasters!!

One of the most important things to do, before letting them put the key in the ignition is to have a few rules. Some of mine are; NO RADIO, BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL AT ALL TIMES, DON'T SLAM ON THE BRAKES (if you slam on the brakes we're done!), and GO EASY ON THE GAS. Then you should probably go over your driving terminology (this may vary from parent to parent). BRAKE (that means STOP!), SLOWDOWN( that means you're going too fast), GIVE IT MORE GAS (that means you're going too slow), and (my children's' personal favorite) SCOOT TO THE LEFT ( that means you're about to hit a few parked cars) YIKES!!! Teaching teenagers how to drive is the scariest thing I could ever do. My almost 16 year old is my latest prodigy. My advice would be, let someone else do it. I have one more to go and I think I'll take my own advice. I think I've had enough fun!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Haha oh Mom, this made me laugh as soon as I saw the title. I absolutely DON'T miss the days of "Scoot to the left, scoot to the left!"

jessica said...

If you lived out here I would teach Ammon. I taught Ben and Tommy. Ben clearly not my best student so don't judge my skills by his record.

Monica Kay said...

oh please...i wasn't THAT bad...